- Explain the principles of advanced first aid in emergencies.
- Demonstrate an advanced level of preparedness to deal with sudden illness or emergencies.
- Assess and manage an emergency scene / disaster.
- Describe the anatomy and explain the physiology of the human body systems in terms of injury and sudden illness.
- Apply primary first aid life support for adults , children and infants according to accepted protocols.
- Explain the causes of shock and the emergency treatment thereof.
Accredited by: Department of Labour, HWSETA, Saiosh
Duration: 3 days
Printed Manual and Certificate at the end of the course / examinations
Certificate issued 7-10 days after completion
Do Level 1, 2 or 3 First Aid and receive Discovery Miles for every one you complete
You will earn 1000 Discovery Miles for doing a CPR course with an instructor accredited by the Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa (RSCA). CPR courses done as part of a Level 1, 2 or 3 first aid course accredited by the Department of Labour or a relevant Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) will qualify for Discovery Miles provided that you have Vitality Active Rewards active at the time of completing the course.